ALWAYS BE RECRUITING
Silicon Legal started in 2007 with one lawyer and a part-time paralegal working out of coffee shops. Now headcount is 40 with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Denver. We’ve built very strong relationships and are continuing to see increased opportunities. The prospects for growth are incredibly strong.
We are always looking to bring on more attorneys and paralegals at all levels — people who share our vision for a firm that provides excellent counsel in an empowering environment, who thrive on providing responsive service, and who want to develop genuine relationships with clients.
If you are interested in joining our team, reach out directly to any one of us!
- Have solid corporate experience at a top Silicon Valley/venture firm;
- Possess excellent communication/organizational skills and diligent attention to detail;
- Are confident/self-assured;
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and
- Bring a sense of humor and an energetic personality.
What we offer:
- Exciting work and phenomenal deal flow. Over the past five years alone, we advised clients in well over 1,400 VC/Angel financings and 100 acquisitions. We are working with clients backed by tier-one venture capitalists. Our clients are doing deals with global enterprise players. On the investor side, we represent about 2 dozen prominent VCs, “Super Angels” and individual angels. We are consistently across the table from the largest firms in Silicon Valley.
- A general counsel training ground. Our clients view us as their trusted GC. We are not pigeonholed into handling solely financing or M&A work and forced to hand off all other legal work to other specialists. Everyone on our team is a transactional generalist, operating as the first line of strategic legal defense for our clients and assisting them with a wide variety of matters, from employment agreements to commercial contracts to real estate leases. When matters go beyond our transactional expertise, we help our clients coordinate with our vast network of outside specialist counsel. At Silicon Legal, there is a unique opportunity to engage with clients on a deeper level and to build genuine relationships with exciting companies and investors. The results speak for themselves — numerous Silicon Legal alumni have gone on to prominent in-house roles with successful companies and investors.
- Significantly lower billable hours expectations. Our associates and paralegals average around 1,300-1,350 hours per year. We believe that keeping associates’ and paralegals’ billable hours lower enables more responsive client service and less likelihood of burnout.
- Competitive compensation. Associate pay is significantly higher than other boutiques and on par with in-house roles. We offer full medical, vision and dental coverage (for employees and dependents), as well as a 401(k) plan, a monthly transportation and smartphone subsidies.
- Outstanding colleagues. Our team is made up of attorneys, paralegals and other professionals who were trained at Orrick, Gunderson, Fenwick and other top firms. We bring the same passion and commitment to our work here as we brought to those firms. We also bring a love of fun and good humor that was often missing from these prior jobs (possibly because we feel more empowered at work, we truly enjoy working with one another and we have more time for fun in our private lives).
- Entrepreneurial spirit. We represent entrepreneurs (and the people who support them) and we are entrepreneurs ourselves. We are building a different type of law firm that provides excellent counsel in an ultra-responsive manner and remains fun with time for personal pursuits and passions. You can help us continue to build something great.