1L Summer Program
We offer a summer program for 1L students to work with us after their first year of law school. We look for candidates who have excellent academic credentials, demonstrate an interest in corporate transactional work and are passionate about working with emerging companies and investors.
As a summer associate, you will have an opportunity to:
- Work with amazing startups: We’ve represented some of the most exciting startups including Uber, Lyft, Pinterest, Instagram, Scoot, BloomThat, StyleSeat, Docker, Expensify and TaskRabbit and served as deal counsel for great investors like Floodgate, Lightspeed, Felicis, Foundry and Cowboy Ventures.
- Get hands-on experience on a variety of practice areas: Our team is transactional generalists, operating as the first line of strategic legal defense for our clients and advising on a wide variety of matters, from employment and commercial contracts to real estate leases and regulatory compliance. You will have a chance to work on the different legal and business issues facing companies and investors today.
- Learn from a broad range of experts: We’ve developed resources and infrastructure that rival large firms (without the red tape and bureaucracy). Have a chance to interact with our vast network of outside specialist counsel and attend “lunch and learn” sessions on recent developments in privacy, employment benefits, IP and more.
- Have some fun: We have a culture that is genuinely focused on team member development and advancement and opportunity to enjoy our lives “outside the law.” Join our team events this summer, including Giants game, quarterly wine tasting workshop, brewery tour and trivia night.
2018 Summer Program
- Approximately 9 weeks, dates will be tailored to fit your summer schedule.
- Summer associates will earn $1,200 per week.
- To apply: Submit resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts and a cover letter explaining why you are interested at the position by email to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews in early February 2018.
- Application Deadline: Sunday, January 21, 2018