Silicon Legal started in late 2007 with one lawyer and a part-time paralegal working out of coffee shops. Now headcount is at 14 and we’ve opened up a second office in Santa Monica. We’ve built some very strong relationships and are seeing more and more opportunities. The prospects for growth are incredibly strong. Right now, we’re looking to bring on more junior and mid-level associates.
- Have at least 2-3 years corporate experience at a top Silicon Valley/venture firm and are looking for a change;
- Are confident/self-assured and can run transactions with limited/no supervision; and
- Have a real understanding of startup entrepreneurs and thrive on providing ultra-responsive client service and developing strong relationships with clients
What we offer:
- Phenomenal deal flow simply not seen at other boutique firms. Over the past two years, we advised clients in over 250 VC/Angel financings and 25 acquisitions. We are working with clients backed by Sequoia, Benchmark, Kleiner, Khosla, Redpoint, MDV, Lightspeed, Floodgate, Shasta, Spark, CRV, and others. Our clients are doing deals with Amazon, Facebook, eBay, American Express, Samsung, Paramount Pictures, Adobe, MTV, Dell, Universal Music and others. On the investor side, we represent about 2 dozen prominent VCs, “Super Angels” and individual angels. We are consistently across the table from the Valley’s powerhouse law firms.
- Significantly lower billable hours expectations. Our associates average around 1,200-1,300 hours per year. We believe that keeping associates’ billable hours lower enables more responsive client service and less likelihood of burnout.
- SF location. If you live in the city, you get to avoid the commute. We’re right on the border of SOMA and the financial district. If you live outside of the city, we are just a few blocks from the Montgomery Street BART station. Dozens of great restaurants and bars within walking distance.
- Competitive Compensation. Associate pay is significantly higher than other boutiques and on par with in-house roles. We offer medical, vision and dental coverage (for employees and dependents), as well as a 401(k) plan and monthly transportation and smartphone subsidies.
Referral Bonus: Anyone providing the initial introduction to a candidate whom we hire gets a $3,000 referral bonus.
If you are interested in joining our team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.