Andre Gharakhanian is the founder of Silicon Legal Strategy. He has an established track record of delivering top-tier legal and strategic advice to emerging technology companies, c-level executives and venture investors.
Andre has served as the primary legal counsel for emerging companies at varying stages of development – from fledgling endeavors to venture-backed companies with hundreds of employees.
He has advised both companies and investors in connection with several hundred angel, bridge and venture capital financings. He has also helped clients to negotiate and structure countless M&A transactions, strategic partnerships, consulting arrangements and licensing agreements.
Andre has also counseled Boards of Directors as they hire executives and advised executives as they negotiate compensation packages.
In 2012, Andre was named one of the top 20 Lawyers in California under the age of 40 by the Daily Journal. Andre is also consistently named among the top venture lawyers in Silicon Valley via social media outlets like Quora and Venture Hacks.
Prior to Silicon Legal, Andre was an attorney with Orrick’s Emerging Companies Group in Silicon Valley. From September 2006 to September 2007, he also served on the Executive Board of the San Francisco Web Innovators Network.
Andre began his legal career at Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP in Chicago, where he focused on large-scale securities offerings and public company mergers and acquisitions for a number of years. Prior to Mayer Brown, Andre held positions at the US Securities and Exchange Commission and NERA Economic Consulting. Andre received his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center and his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Michigan.
Andre also serves on the advisory boards of a handful of startups, including, Generator Lab,BitGirder Technologies and MagBooth.
Andre enjoys travelling with his family, scuba diving, wine tasting and Michigan Football. In 2001, Andre was a winner on the hit NBC game show, the Weakest Link.
- Apiary – Developers of the world’s leading API platform. Funded by Baseline Ventures and Flybridge Capital Partners. (Sold to Oracle)
- Baseline Ventures
- Cowboy Ventures
- Everlaw – Cloud-based e-discovery and litigation platform. Funded by Andreessen Horowitz and K9 Ventures.
- Expensify – Expense management applications. Funded by Redpoint Ventures, Hillsven, Baseline Ventures, prominent angels and industry investors.
- Floodgate Fund
- Heyday – Photo-Journaling application. Funded by General Catalyst, Spark Capital and Google Ventures. (Sold to Postmates)
- InfoScout – Real time shopper insights and analytics platform. Funded by Bain Capital Ventures, Horizon Partners and Various Angels.
- Javelin Venture Partners
- Judicata – Structured data solutions for legal research. Funded by Khosla Ventures and Peter Thiel. (Sold to Google)
- June – A modern appliance company dedicated to bringing intelligence to the tools you use in the kitchen. Funded by EclipseVC, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures and other prominent angels.
- Lyft – Ride-sharing platform. Funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Mayfield Fund, Founders Fund, Floodgate Fund and K9 Ventures.
- Osmo – Developers of Engaging AI and Computer Vision based games for children. Funded by Accel Partners, Upfront Ventures, Mattel and K9 Ventures.
- Precursor Ventures
- Sharethrough – Native video advertising solutions. Funded by North Bridge Venture Partners, Floodgate Fund, SV Angel and other prominent investors.
- Spigot – Developers of an application monetization and digital distribution platform.
- StyleSeat – Creator of an online discovery community and booking platform for top beauty and wellness professionals. Funded by Lightspeed, Fosun Kinzon, Lowercase Capital and prominent angels.
- Swift Navigation – GPS positioning software for agriculture, drones and construction. Funded by EclipseVC, NEA, First Round Capital and Qualcomm Ventures.
- TaskRabbit – Operator of an online and mobile marketplace for small jobs and tasks. Funded by Lightspeed, Shasta Ventures, Founders Fund, Floodgate Fund, First Round Capital and Baseline Ventures.
- Threadflip – Social marketplace for women’s clothing and accessories. Funded by Shasta Ventures, Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock and Andreessen Horowitz. (Sold to Le Tote)
- Ticketfly – Online ticket provider. Funded by Riverwood Capital, Mohr Davidow, SAP Ventures, High Peaks Venture Partners, Lindzon Capital and prominent angels. (Sold to Pandora)
- Wireframe Ventures
Recent Transactions & Client News
- February 13, 2019
SLS Client Defy Leads Elevate Security’s $8MM Round
- February 12, 2019
SLS Client Toyota AI Ventures Joins May Mobility’s $22MM Round
- February 11, 2019
SLS Client Quiet Capital Joins Reddit’s $300MM Round
- February 4, 2019
SLS Client Productboard Raises $10MM from Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Credo and Others