Aravinda Seshadri is a Partner at Silicon Legal Strategy. She has represented a broad range of startups, entrepreneurs, venture capital firms and public companies, working directly with high-level executives and directors.
Aravinda advises companies and investors in various equity financing structures, M&A transactions, licensing and strategic partnerships, as well as day-to-day counseling. She has worked with companies from formation through financing rounds to acquisition or public offering and been primarily responsible for SEC reporting obligations thereafter.
In 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Aravinda was named a Rising Star by Northern California Super Lawyers Magazine.
Before SLS, Aravinda was a corporate associate in the startup practice of Hogan Lovells in Palo Alto. She started her career in Orrick’s Emerging Companies Group in Silicon Valley. She participates in various technology forums that focus on women and women of color.
Aravinda received her law degree from Stanford University Law School and her undergraduate degree with honors in Language and Mind from New York University.
Aravinda loves to travel, read fantasy and science fiction, taste wine and explore the fantastic live music scene in San Francisco.
- Heyday – Photo-Journaling application. Funded by General Catalyst, Spark Capital and Google Ventures. (Sold to Postmates)
- Judicata – Structured data solutions for legal research. Funded by Khosla Ventures and Peter Thiel.
- Launch Capital
- Lyft – Ride-sharing platform. Funded by Andreessen Horowitz, Mayfield Fund, Founders Fund, Floodgate Fund and K9 Ventures.
- Rakuten Ventures
- Tally – An app that helps manages and reduce credit card payments and debt. Funded KPCB, Shasta Ventures and Cowboy.
- Tapingo – Creators of online and mobile food delivery apps focused on college and corporate campuses. Funded by Qualcomm Ventures, Khosla Ventures and DCM.
- TaskRabbit – Operator of a social-network based errand posting community. Funded by Lightspeed, Shasta Ventures, Founders Fund, Floodgate Fund, First Round Capital and Baseline Ventures. (Sold to IKEA)
- Threadflip – Social marketplace for women’s clothing and accessories. Funded by Norwest Venture Partners, Shasta Ventures, Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, Greylock and Andreessen Horowitz. (Sold to Le Tote)
- Wonder Workshop – Developers of a platform and toys designed to empower children to learn to code. Funded by Charles River Ventures, Madrona and WI Harper.
- Workato – Enterprise integration platform to integrate and automate tasks across on-premise, cloud apps and databases. Funded by Storm Ventures.
Recent Transactions & Client News
- December 5, 2018
SLS Client Workato Raises $25MM Round from Battery Ventures, Storm Ventures, ServiceNow and Workday Ventures
- September 25, 2018
SLS Client Tapingo to be Acquired by Grubhub
- July 24, 2018
SLS Client Tally Raises $25MM Round from Kleiner Perkins
- February 1, 2018
SLS Client Honeycomb Raises $11.5MM Round from Storm Ventures, NextWorld Capital and Merian Ventures