Coleman Cannon is a Partner at Silicon Legal Strategy.
Coleman works with entrepreneurs and startup teams to create and maintain corporate structures, protect and commercialize intellectual property, recruit and retain employees and other service providers, seek and raise capital and achieve successful exits for stakeholders. One of Coleman’s specialties is working with technology companies on the drafting and negotiation of agreements for tech-related transactions and strategic alliances.
Coleman also regularly represents venture-capital, angel and strategic investors in various financing and M&A transactions. His experience includes work in the consumer Internet, software, SaaS, mobile, biotech, medical device, cleantech and semiconductor spaces.
Before joining SLS, Coleman worked at Silicon Valley boutique law firm Montgomery & Hansen, LLP and in the legal department of a biotech startup. He began his legal career in the corporate group at Fenwick & West LLP in Silicon Valley and San Francisco.
Coleman holds a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a J.D. and M.A. from the University of Minnesota.
Outside of work, Coleman enjoys spending time with his family and chipping away at his sizeable golf handicap.
- Bloom That – On Demand Flower Delivery. Y-Combinator alum, funded by Forerunner Ventures and various angels. (Sold to FTD)
- Caffeinated Capital
- Cowboy Ventures
- Docker – Creators of an open platform for distributed applications. Funded by Sequoia, Greylock, Benchmark Capital, Trinity Ventures and Lowercase Capital.
- Fryfly Venture Partners
- InfoScout – Real time shopper insights and analytics platform. Funded by Bain Capital Ventures, Horizon Partners and Various Angels.
- June – A modern appliance company dedicated to bringing intelligence to the tools you use in the kitchen. Funded by EclipseVC, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures and other prominent angels.
- LoungeBuddy – Simplified airport lounge booking. Funded by Founders Fund prominent angels and industry investors.
- MHS Capital
- Spigot – Developers of an application monetization and digital distribution platform.
- Swift Navigation – GPS positioning software for agriculture, drones and construction. Funded by EclipseVC, NEA, First Round Capital and Qualcomm Ventures.
- Townsquared – Creators of a private and secure platform for businesses within a neighborhood to connect, communicate, and collaborate. Funded by August Capital, Sierra Ventures, Intuit and Floodgate.
- UserVoice – Customer feedback tools. Funded by Baseline Ventures, Founders Fund, and prominent angels.
Recent Transactions & Client News
- December 5, 2018
SLS Client Workato Raises $25MM Round from Battery Ventures, Storm Ventures, ServiceNow and Workday Ventures
- September 10, 2018
SLS Client Beekeeper Raises $10MM Round from Samsung Next, Atomico, and Keen Venture Partners
- September 4, 2018
SLS Client The Inside Raises $2.6MM Round from Corigin Ventures and Lerer Hippeau
- September 4, 2018
SLS Client Brand Foundry Ventures Eyes $150MM For Two New Funds