Director of Legal Operations
Katrin Robb is Director of Legal Operations at Silicon Legal Strategy.
As Director of Legal Operations, Katrin leads the firm’s efforts to create a more efficient, consistent and effective delivery of legal services to improve client service and value. She works with management to identify, develop and implement firm initiatives to adopt best in class tools, technologies, processes and legal solutions that enhance traditional legal service delivery. Such initiatives include matters related to client service management, professional development, knowledge management, marketing and business development.
Prior to transitioning to legal operations, Katrin practiced corporate law for over 15 years. At Silicon Legal Strategy, and prior to that at Fenwick & West, she counseled emerging growth companies, venture capital investors and entrepreneurs on a variety of day-to-day corporate and business issues, including formation and corporate governance issues, intellectual property protection, licensing and employee matters and a wide range of business and commercial transactions. She started her career at Kirkland & Ellis’ Chicago office, where she focused on complex private equity investment transactions, including leveraged mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and management buyouts. Katrin also spent some time at Mellon Capital Management Corporation where she was part of in-house legal team that negotiated client and vendor contracts and led new product initiatives, including hedge funds and other commingled vehicles.
Katrin received her law degree from Northwestern University School of Law and her undergraduate from Northwestern University, making her a true NU Wildcat.
When Katrin is not at work, she enjoys travelling with her family, skiing, yoga, cooking and wine tasting.
- Docker – Creators of an open platform for distributed applications. Funded by Sequoia, Greylock, Benchmark Capital, Trinity Ventures and Lowercase Capital.
- Foundry Group
- MHS Capital
- Nomiku – Creator of the smallest and most powerful sous vide devices. Funded by SOS Ventures and Y Combinator.
- Precursor Ventures
- StyleSeat – Creator of an online discovery community and booking platform for top beauty and wellness professionals. Funded by Lightspeed, Founders Fund, 500Startups and other prominent angels.
- Trusted – Comprehensive On-Demand Childcare Platform. Funded by Metamorphic Ventures, Kleiner Perkins and other prominent angels.
- Wonder Workshop – Developers of a platform and toys designed to empower children to learn to code. Funded by Charles River Ventures, Google Ventures and Madrona.