Michael works with early-stage and emerging technology companies, as well as venture capital and angel investors on a variety of legal matters, including private equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, entity formations, corporate governance issues, and dispute resolution. With his prior experience as a litigation attorney, Michael has broad base of experience in assisting business clients at all stages in their company’s lifecycle.
Prior to joining SLS, Michael was an associate with Perkins Coie LLP’s Emerging Companies and Venture Capital group in San Francisco, where he advised startups and investors in connection with venture capital financings, M&A transactions, and corporate governance matters. He also worked as a commercial litigation attorney at Perkins Coie LLP, with experience in IP, trade secret, product liability, labor & employment, and contract disputes.
Michael received his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley, and his undergraduate degree in Journalism from Indiana University.
Outside of work, Michael is the lead guitarist and founder of local hard rock cover band “Night Train” and a certified yoga instructor offering restorative yoga classes and workshops at CorePower Yoga in Berkeley and other studios around the Bay Area.
- 500 Startups
- Expensify – Expense management applications. Funded by Redpoint Ventures, OpenView Partners, Hillsven, Baseline Ventures, prominent angels and industry investors.
- InfoScout– Real time shopper insights and analytics platform. Funded by Bain Capital Ventures, Horizon Partners and Various Angels.
- Javelin Venture Partners
- June – A modern appliance company dedicated to bringing intelligence to the tools you use in the kitchen. Funded by EclipseVC, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures and other prominent angels.
- Komodo Health – The most advanced platform for healthcare intelligence. Funded by IA Ventures.
- RedLock – Deep security visibility & anomaly detection for dynamic environments. Funded by Sierra Ventures, Storm Ventures and Dell Capital.
- Second Measure – Big data solutions to deliver unprecedented insight into public and private companies. Y Combinator Alum, funded by Shasta Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and prominent angels.
- Trusted – Comprehensive On-Demand Childcare Platform. Funded by Metamorphic Ventures, Kleiner Perkins and other prominent angels.
- Wireframe Ventures
Recent Transactions & Client News
- November 16, 2018
SLS Client Javelin Venture Partners Joins Mythical Games’ $16MM Round
- August 7, 2018
SLS Client Cowboy Ventures Raises $93MM For Third Fund
- July 30, 2018
SLS Client Trusted is Acquired by Care.com
- July 18, 2018
SLS Clients Javelin Venture Partners and MHS Capital Join Kindly Care’s $5.4MM Round