P. Charu Satia
Charu is an associate at Silicon Legal Strategy.
Charu works with emerging companies throughout their lifecycles. Charu has counseled companies on corporate formation and governance matters, resolving day-to-day matters such as employment issues, drafting and negotiating commercial and technology transaction agreements, venture capital financing transactions, and M&A transactions.
Charu has represented a variety of technology companies in e-commerce, software, cloud computing, online advertising, and biotechnology industries.
Prior to joining SLS, Charu worked at a Silicon Valley boutique law firm, Inventus Law, Inc. in both their Palo Alto and San Francisco offices. She has previously worked at eBay in the Intellectual Property division of the legal department, Townsend and Townsend and Crew in the Intellectual Property Litigation practice group, and externed for the Honorable Judge Jeremy Fogel of the Northern District of California. Charu is also a licensed Patent Attorney. Prior to attending law school, Charu worked for several years as a chemical engineer in the pharmaceutical industry at Merck & Co., where she led technical investigations in an effort to improve viral-vaccine manufacturing and supported new regulatory filings.
Charu received her law degree from Santa Clara University School of Law and her undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering from Columbia University.
Outside of work, Charu enjoys eating her heart out at all kinds of restaurants, hiking around California, and doing crossword puzzles.
- Apiary – Developers of the world’s leading API platform. Funded by Baseline Ventures and Flybridge Capital Partners. (Sold to Oracle)
- Bloom That – On Demand Flower Delivery. Y-Combinator alum, funded by Forerunner Ventures and various angels. (Sold to FTD)
- Felicis Ventures
- Launch Capital
- Second Measure – Big data solutions to deliver unprecedented insight into public and private companies. Y Combinator Alum, funded by Shasta Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and prominent angels.
- Tally – Developers of a credit card management application. Funded by Shasta Ventures, Ludlow Ventures and Cowboy Ventures.
- Tapingo – Creators of online and mobile food delivery apps. Funded by Qualcomm Ventures, Khosla Ventures and DCM.
Recent Transactions & Client News
- October 22, 2018
SLS Client Precursor Ventures Joins Pair Eyewear’s $1MM Round
- September 25, 2018
SLS Client Tapingo to be Acquired by Grubhub
- September 10, 2018
SLS Client Beekeeper Raises $10MM Round from Samsung Next, Atomico, and Keen Venture Partners
- July 24, 2018
SLS Client Tally Raises $25MM Round from Kleiner Perkins