We offer a summer program for law students who have completed their first year of law school. We look for candidates who have excellent academic credentials, demonstrate an interest in corporate transactional work and are passionate about working with emerging companies and investors.
As a summer associate, you will have an opportunity to:
- Work with amazing startups: We’ve represented some of the most exciting startups including Uber, Lyft, Pinterest, Instagram, Scoot, BloomThat, StyleSeat, Docker, Expensify and TaskRabbit. We have also served as deal counsel for great investors like Floodgate, Lightspeed, Felicis, Foundry and Cowboy Ventures.
- Get hands-on experience on a variety of practice areas: Our team is comprised of transactional generalists, operating as strategic legal counsel for our clients and advising on a wide variety of matters. These matters include employment issues, commercial contracts, financings and M&A transactions. You will have a chance to work on many different legal and business issues facing companies and investors today.
- Learn from a broad range of experts: We’ve developed resources and infrastructure that rival large firms (without the red tape and bureaucracy). Summer interns have a chance to interact with our vast network of outside specialist counsel and attend “lunch and learn” sessions on recent developments in privacy, employment benefits, IP and more.
- Have some fun: We have a culture that is genuinely focused on team member development and advancement with the opportunity to enjoy our lives “outside the law.” Join our team events this summer, including Giants game, wine tasting workshop and trivia night.
2019 Summer Program Information
- Approximately 9 weeks, dates will be tailored to fit your summer schedule
- Summer associates will earn $1,200 per week
- To apply: Submit resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position by email to email@example.com. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews mid-February 2019.
- Application Deadline: Sunday, February 3, 2019