Gaurav Mathur is a Partner at Silicon Legal Strategy and head of our Los Angeles office. Gaurav’s practice is focused on representing technology startups, startup founders, and venture capital and angel investors.
Gaurav provides day-to-day counseling to startups regarding corporate and IP law matters and venture capital financings. He also assists companies negotiate and structure M&A, commercial, and IP transactions.
Gaurav is also an adjunct professor at Loyola Law School, where he teaches a Business Planning and Venture Capital Law course.
In 2013, Gaurav was named a Rising Star by Northern California Super Lawyers Magazine.
Prior to joining SLS, Gaurav was in-house counsel at Sega of America, where he advised Sega’s product development, marketing, and sales groups regarding commercial contracts and IP matters. Prior to Sega, Gaurav was a corporate associate at Fenwick & West LLP, where he advised technology startups regarding corporate law matters and IP transactions.
Gaurav received his law degree from Northwestern University and his undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from the University of Texas at Austin.
Gaurav enjoys playing tennis with his USTA league team, watching football and basketball, travelling abroad and reading books about history, foreign policy, and economics.
- Cellogy – Quantitative imaging and machine learning solutions for stem cell research.
- Chewse – B2B marketplace for group meals. Funded by Foundry Group, Lowercase Capital and 500 Startups.
- Distractify – Social content site with over 25 million monthly visitors. Funded by Lightspeed, CAA and Lerer Ventures.
- Felicis Ventures
- Interior Define – Innovative new furniture e-commerce brand. Funded by Groupon and various angels.
- Komodo Health – The most advanced platform for healthcare intelligence. Funded by IA Ventures.
- Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Second Measure – Big data solutions to deliver unprecedented insight into public and private companies. Y Combinator Alum, funded by Shasta Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Norwest Venture Partners and prominent angels.
- TaskRabbit – Operator of an online and mobile marketplace for small jobs and tasks. Funded by Lightspeed, Shasta Ventures, Founders Fund, Floodgate Fund, First Round Capital and Baseline Ventures.
- UserVoice – Customer feedback tools. Funded by Baseline Ventures, Founders Fund, and prominent angels.
- Velano Vascular – Advanced incision technology. Funded by First Round Capital.
- Walden Venture Capital
- Zwift – Developers of multiplayer video game technology for indoor cycling. Funded by Novator Partners, Shasta Ventures and various angels.
Recent Transactions & Client News
- June 22, 2017
SLS Client Felicis Ventures Joins Petasense’s $1.8MM Round
- June 13, 2017
SLS Client ScriptDash Raises $23MM Round
- June 6, 2017
SLS Client Chewse Raises $7MM Round from Foundry Group and Telegraph Hill
- March 28, 2017
SLS Client Felicis Joins Turvo’s $25MM Round